Reports directly to: CEO & Director
Directly Supervises: The General Accounting Clerk
The Accountant’s Job Responsibilities:
Provides financial information to management by researching and analysing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analysing account information.
- Post and review all journals.
- Ensure the financial transactions are booked in a timely manner and are IFRS compliant with proper supporting documents
- Ensure all General Ledger account reconciliations are completed monthly.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analysing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with financial legal requirements by studying existing and new laws, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Participate in Training and Development activities as required from time to time.
- Participate in and assist in the monthly stock taking activity as required.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or Level III ACCA or the equivalent or am equivalent combination of academic and work experience
- At least three (3) years working experience in a similar function
- Computer Literate with knowledge of accounting packages; Sage 50
- Knowledge of accounting and inventory management and practices
Skills and Competencies:
Accounting, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Research Results, Confidentiality, Time Management, Data Entry Management, General Math Skills, Analytical Thinking, Business Perspective, Problem Solving, Technical Expertise, Customer-Focus, Initiative and Interactive Communication.
Primary Responsibilities for the Job:
|Tasks and Frequency||Performance Indicator||Results of Performance Indicator|
|1. (Daily)||Ensure of all General Ledger Reconciliation||Weekly and Monthly 100% accuracy and completeness|
|2. (Daily)||Monitor Daily Inventory system||Daily and Monthly 100% accuracy and completeness|