REPORTS TO: CHIEF CATEGORY MANAGER
DIRECT REPORTS: MEAT & PRODUCE ATTENDANTS, MEAT CUTTERS, SEASONED MEAT ATTENDANT (WHERE APPLICABLE), DAIRY ATTENDANT
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Perishables Supervisor MUST RESIDE IN THE PARISH OF WESTMORELAND and will be responsible for all aspects of the Meat, Produce and Dairy Departments’ operations, under the supervision of the (Perishables) Assistant Manager and Store Manager. The incumbent’s task is to ensure that the departments achieve economic goals and that customers are consistently afforded fresh, quality products at fair price in a clean, friendly atmosphere.
- Prepares for bi-annual stock-take.
- Monthly cycle counts done as scheduled.
- Maintenance of desirable levels of quality, freshness and inventory to meet daily and advertised needs.
- Maintains quality service by listening, confirming and responding appropriately to customer requests for products and services.
- Handles customer complaints appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Follows approved procedures for receiving products, price marking and restocking cases to ensure quality protection, accuracy an product rotation.
- Check and verify the Departments’ receivals to ensure that items listed on vendor invoice are all delivered; check products for quality, expiry date, count or weight, and condition.
- Order and maintain inventory control to ensure freshness, product quality and turnover for maximum sales and return-on-investment.
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to company’s policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Monitors adherence to merchandise/display standards and also monitors the implementation of promotional activities in store.
- Works in conjunction with Store Manager on hiring, evaluation and overall supervision of department personnel; schedules labour within required guidelines.
- Monitors, assesses and provide feedback on staff performance.
- Identifies and recommends training and development needs for subordinates.
- Interacts with Companies’ Sales Representatives with regards to: write-offs, deliveries and pick-up of damaged goods/write-offs.
- Effective management inventory.
- Positive business relationships with internal and external customers.
- Meet assortment objectives and reach targeted sales objectives.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ working experience in a supermarket’s Perishables Department operation.
- Diploma or Certificate in Supervisory Management/Business Studies or NVQ-J Level 4 Certification.
- 4 CXC or GCE subjects including a numerical subject and English Language.
- Current Food Handler’s Permit.
- At least one year’s experience in meat management.
- Product minded in maintaining department standards and quality.
- Goal oriented, displaying an open-minded willingness to consider or initiate new ideas, suggestions and change.