The candidate is responsible for reaching out to customers to collect amounts owing by or due from Debtors, under the terms and conditions agreed and is expected to use his/her best endeavours to collect at least the monthly targets agreed for our client. If the targets are not met the Agreement will be reviewed.
1. The candidate shall visit debtors accounts as per Portfolio Create a list of people who have not made payments.
2. Organize list according to severity of delinquency.
3. Locate customers using credit bureau information, background checks, loan documents, and other paperwork or databases.
4. Call customers using telephone.
5. Utilize computer systems to handle skip tracing.
6. Inform clients of overdue accounts and amount currently owed.
7. Attempt to collect payment.
8. Review terms of sale or loan documents.
9. Ensure all customer information is correct, including phone numbers and addresses.
10. Set up repayment plans and new terms of sale.
11. Offer advice or refer customers to debt counselors.
12. Record new commitment to repay debt.
13. Send statements of delinquencies to credit bureau.
14. Purge records if debt has been satisfied.
15. Follow federal and state laws dealing with debt collection.
16. Print reports for management.
o Debt Collection certification or training preferred.
o A minimum of 2 years’ experience in sales, customer service, or telemarketing.
o Previous debt collection experience will be advantageous.
o Experience in developing and enacting debt recovery plans and strategies to prevent losses.
o Ability to collaborate on debt collection efforts with other departments and institutions.
o Experience in tracking down defaulters by searching publicly-available databases and records.
o Exceptional record-keeping and interpersonal skills.
o Customer service
o Excellent Communication Skills
o Patience and diligence
Applications must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org