REPORTS TO: Assistant Store Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: Store Associates
PURPOSE OF JOB:
This position is responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction on the shop floor and at the check-out point. The incumbent MUST RESIDE IN THE PARISH OF WESTMORELAND.
- Customer Satisfaction
- Timely completion of Performance/Probationary Evaluation as per company policy
- Product availability at Customer Service Desk
- Address customer complaints in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy.
- Training of new Customer Service Representatives and Store Associates on duties and customer service requirements.
- Conduct probationary/performance evaluation and developmental plans for direct reports.
- Supervise shop floor and oversee both internal and external merchandisers.
- Conduct regular price audits and monitor stock outs and rotation of the goods on the shelf.
- Answer telephones courteously and either route calls to the appropriate department/party or take written messages.
- Ensure the timely check out of customers.
- Prepare work schedules for staff ensuring optimization of the profitability of the business when required.
- Ensure direct reports meet the minimum requirements of law.
- Ensure proper utilization of customer feedback notebooks and forward information to Store Manager.
- Ensure voids, price checks and discounts are handled efficiently and without delays.
- Ensure the efficient use of supplies.
- Ensure that return-to-stock items are handled in a prompt and orderly manner with the most immediate attention given to refrigerated and other perishable items.
- Conduct random audits of Customer Service Representatives cash.
- Ensure Safety Rules and Regulations are observed at all times and the requisite steps are taken as per policy in the event of an accident.
- Participate in stock taking exercises.
- Number of customer complaints
- Customer Service Audit Results
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 CXC/GCE including Mathematics and English or its equivalent.
- At least one (1) year’s experience in a supervisory capacity.
- At least three (3) years’ in a customer contact related capacity.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel & Outlook.